Cerralvo Island and La Reina
Also known as Jacques Cousteau island, you'll find the pinnacle of La Reina just a few miles from Cerralvo Island. This dive site is another jewel of the Cortez Sea where massive pelagic Manta Rays encounters are possible. You'll discover big schools of fish, the rest of a shipwreck, and coral reefs in these crystal clear waters.
Tour Duration: 10 Hours
Tour Start: 07:00am
PADI Pro instructor
All necessary equipment
Water, Juices & Snacks
Marine Park Fees
299 USD p.p. min. 4 divers
1299 USD Private max. 4 Divers
A 2 tanks check out dive in Cabo is required.
For comfort, safety, and the best Cerralvo Island and La Reina scuba diving experience, we travel in small groups.
Cerralvo Island offers a relatively easy dive with a maximum depth of around 20m (60 feet) and excellent visibility up to 30m (90 feet). We operate this trip only from May to December. Water temperature can vary between 22 and 29 Degrees Celsius (72 – 86 Degrees Fahrenheit). The currents that sporadically are present in the area can be somewhat challenging. This blue water dive trip is worth the effort to get there: a full day starting from 06:45 am and returning around 05:00 pm. Driving for about 2 hours and 1,5 hours by boat is necessary to dive this spot.
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY:
Although this is a relatively easy dive site, you don’t need certifications other than the PADI Open Water (or equivalent); the sometimes challenging conditions require us to assess your diving skills. We will require a “check out” dive to our local dive sites in Cabo San Lucas to refresh diving skills: particularly if you haven’t dived in a while.
The use of NITROX is possible. An Enriched Air mixture of 36% is optimal for the depth of these dives. The use of NITROX requires to be certified as such.
Manta Rays Paradise:
Some quick facts about the main highlight of this dive site;
- Manta rays are cold-blooded fish with flat diamond-shaped bodies.
- The larger species is the giant oceanic manta ray (Manta birostris), and the smaller species is the reef manta ray (Manta alfredi).
- Manta Rays are giant animals, and their size can reach up to 9 meters and weigh up to 2 tons. It is believed that Manta Rays live for up to 50 years.
- Both manta ray species have escape speeds of up to 24km per hour.
- Due to their large size and speed, they have very few natural predators; these include large sharks and killer whales.
- They are harmless and can’t hurt any diver or swimmer. They are usually very curious and swim around the divers.
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) declared giant manta rays as ’vulnerable’ in 2011.
06:45am Meeting at Cabo Trek Office*
09:00am Arrival in Las Ventanas
11:00am Dive 1 (45 min. approx.)
45 min. Surface Interval
01:30pm Dive 2 (45 min. approx.)
03:00pm Departure from Las Ventanas
05:30pm Back at Cabo Trek Office
La Reina | Dive Site Statistics:
Large Marine Life
Large Schools of Fish
Some of the Baja Diving highlights:
Good chance of seeing sharks: schools of silky sharks and hammerheads
Schools of Jacks, Bonitas, Yellowfin Tuna, pelagic sting rays, Mantas, Mobulas
Experience deep blue water dive
Dive in small groups with a PADI certified Divemaster or instructor
What To Bring:
Reef-safe sunscreen, or rashguard, hat, a spirit of adventure, and love for dirt roads.
If you want to use ENRICHED AIR, you need to be certified for the use and handling of NITROX.
A 2 tanks check out dive in Cabo San Lucas and/or Corridor is required to assess/refresh diving skills.
Why Book With Cabo Trek
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive tours in Los Cabos. Each tour is full of teaching and engagement about wildlife, their habits, and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate tours in all of Los Cabos and Baja California Sur.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one, we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering an excellent service as certified for six years in a row by Trip Advisor:
PRIVATE TOURS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price, everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put your hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas.
On the day of your tour, you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1-minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your adventure!